The police stations under Johannesburg East Cluster arrested 103 suspects between 20 to 22 April.
The patrols were conducted by Parkview, Jeppe, Cleveland, Rosebank, Hillbrow, Yeoville and Norwood police stations.
The following arrests were made:
- 5 for possession of unlicensed firearm
- 8 for assault with grievous bodily harm
- 4 for domestic violence
- 4 for armed robbery
- 34 for drunk and driving
- 1 for rape
- 11 for shoplifting
- 2 for reckless and negligent driving
- 5 for possession of marijuana
- 5 for possession of a suspected stolen motor vehicle.
- 3 for outstanding arrest warrants
- 1 for possession of stolen property.
- 1 for attempted murder and and murder
- 1 for contravening the Liquor Act
- 1 for discharging of a firearm in a municipal area
- 2 for vehicle theft
- 1 for fraud.
- 1 for malicious damage of property.
Parkview Police Station spokesperson Captain Tintswalo Sibeko said, “Some of the suspects were released on bail and all the suspects appeared in the Hillbrow or Johannesburg Magistrates’ Court on Monday, 23 April.
Do you have crime happening in your area? Send your stories to [email protected]