It’s time to start reporting service delivery problems to make a difference

Strike Rambani, Ian Ollis, the Member of Parliament for the Sandton/Alexandra constituency, Vincent Earp, Martin Williams, Jeffrey Pietersen, Werner Smit, Tim Truluck and David Potter with their pamphlets showing residents the most effective way to report their problems.


The DA constituency for the Sandton and Alexandra areas has launched a public awareness campaign to educate residents on the most effective way of logging their municipal problems.

The campaign will spread from wards in Randburg to Sandton, Alexandra, Craighall, Dunkeld and the Parks and Saxonwold. The ward councillors participating in the campaign are Martin Williams (Ward 90), Jeffrey Pietersen (Ward 91), David Potter (Ward 102), Vincent Earp (Ward 103), Werner Smit (Ward 109), Tim Truluck (Ward 117) and the proportional representation councillor for wards 107 and 108, Strike Rambani.

About 56 000 flyers will be distributed to residents from these areas, which provides residents with the simplest and most effective ways of reporting problems to the various entities such as City Power, Joburg Water and the Joburg Roads Agency.

READ: Find your ward councillor to report service delivery problems

Ian Ollis, who is the member of parliament for the Sandton/Alexandra constituency, said this campaign is centred around improving service delivery. He said this campaign will really encourage residents to report problems and obtain a reference number.

Residents who play an active role in reporting problems are vital in ensuring there is effective service delivery in their areas. Residents who have received a reference number but have not received any help can then report the issue to their ward councillor who can escalate the problem.

Councillors can only address problems which have received reference numbers, which means it is imperative that residents log problems and obtain reference numbers.

READ: How to log municipal problems

David Potter, the ward councillor for Ward 102, said their job is not to log potholes but to rather provide oversight to ensure that problems are being addressed when they have been reported by residents.

Residents are encouraged to be as specific as possible when logging problems to ensure they can be located quickly. It is recommend that residents provide the street name and the nearest corner and suburb.

Problems can be reported to the following places:

  • City Power – 0860Joburg (562874); @citypowerjhb;
  • Joburg Water – 0860Joburg (562874); 011 688 1699; @jhbwater; [email protected]
  • Johannesburg Roads Agency: 0860Joburg (562874), @myjra or [email protected] The JRA app can also be downloaded on the Play Store of iStore.
  • Pikitup: 0860Joburg (562874)
  • Joburg Parks and Zoo: 0860Joburg (562874) or 011 712 6600, @joburgparkszoo or [email protected]
  • Emergency Services and Johannesburg Metro Police: 011 375 5911 or @CityofJoburgEMS
  • City of Joburg: 0860Joburg (562874) or @CityofJoburgZA


Tweet us at @RK_Gazette! 

Laura Pisanello

Latest News


Recommended Story x
Wear your slippers to make a child’s dream come true