For almost 47 years the Rosebank Killarney Gazette has been the voice of the community. No-one else delivers news and advertising messages to 27460 doorsteps in the Rosebank Killarney area every Tuesday.
Independent research shows
**SOURCE ROOTS 2013
- **68% of decision-makers living in the Rosebank Killarney area read the Rosebank Killarney Gazette versus only 24% reading The Star and 27% The Times. There are 36 754 purchasing decision-makers in the area.
- ** Rosebank is a predominantly white (62%), English speaking community (66%), but has had significant growth in its black population from 16% in 2007 to 31% in 2013.
- In terms of wealth, it is well above the average JHB Northern Suburbs when it comes to income ie R51,000+: 31% versus 20% and average in terms of LSM 10 ie 49% versus 47%.
- Internet access in Rosebank is at 66%.
- Rosebank decision-makers are more likely to have bought a new car (6% versus 5%) but are less likely to have moved to a new home (1% versus 3%) than the ROOTS average.
- They are also more likely have had a beauty treatment (17% versus 11%) and are less likely to have visited a hospital (less than 1% versus 5%) than the ROOTS average.
To cater for these demanding readers, the Rosebank Killarney Gazette has a success formula of local community news. The newspaper pulls the community together by reporting on every newsworthy activity and event that happens within its distribution area. Its duty as a 'village noticeboard' is to inform and educate the local community.
The Rosebank Killarney Gazette has various sections as well – Leisure Options, Autodealer and Property Week.
- Leisure Options, the entertainment section, is the definitive guide to the good life in Johannesburg. Launched in 1995, its readers are A/A+ income earners in the northern suburbs of Johannesburg. Sharp, short, snappy editorial - aimed at the cash-rich, time-poor Jozi reader - includes everything from new movie releases, music and books to must-see art expos, sensational shopping, cutting edge décor ideas and diary dates for the weekend. There’s also fun stuff for kids, travel, gardening, and a hot food and wine section … basically everything an affluent northern suburbs reader wants. The supplement also offers readers fabulous giveaways and runs the annual, hugely successful (and original!) Best Of Johannesburg Readers’ Choice Awards. Leisure Options is distributed every fortnight (mid and end month).
- The motoring supplement, called Autodealer, is an editorially-based supplement of exceptionally high standard. Relevant motoring news attracts regular readers who follow launches, reviews and other industry news every week. AutoDealer also includes new and pre-owned dealer advertising, making it easy for readers to find the ideal car to suit their pockets.
- The property section is called Property Week and showcases various properties on sale or for rent.
The Rosebank Killarney Gazette also offers its readers a choice of loose pamphlets from various retailers giving them enormous choice in their shopping decisions by showcasing the week’s specials and bargains.
The Rosebank Killarney Gazette is the very best advertising medium to use if you want to reach this wealthy community in the northern suburbs. At a cost per 1000 copies of R 601.05 (based on a full page, black and white advert) it is extremely cost-effective to penetrate the Rosebank Killarney market due to us reaching every front door in Rosebank Killarney.
Call us now for a free consultation on 011 293 6168 on how we can assist you with your advertising needs.